Thursday, March 19, 2015

All the Light We Cannot See

Ok, time to catch you guys up on my reading again. Gosh, it's been so long I don't even remember all the books I've read in between, but let's start with a good one. All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. It's been on the best seller list for a long time, and for a good reason. It is a beautifully written, almost poetic book that goes very deep in its characters. The story has many layers but carries one particular story as a red string through-out the book. I'm usually not too crazy about reading war-time stories, but this one was different because of the choice of the main characters, a blind French girl and a genius German orphan boy. It's not an easy book to read, and especially in the end, it's quite sad, and that is why I usually avoid the war stories. But this book is definitely worth the trouble and heartbreak. I had first borrowed this from the library, but it's a hefty book and I ended up loading this on my iPad so it was easier to carry on the commute. Amazon gives this book 4 and 1/2 stars, and I would agree. 




No comments:

Post a Comment