Friday, March 4, 2016

The Second Time Around

There is a fashion rule that says you should not partake in a trend when it comes around the second time... And even though I'm not a big believer in the "fashion rules" (itse asiassa vihaan niitä), I have to admit that I did think long and hard whether I was a) too old to wear tie dye and b) too old to wear a bomber jacket (not one of those Gucci'ish high end flowery silky fabric bomber jackets, but the real olive green kind bomber). 

A few weeks ago I mentioned to my husband that the bomber jackets were in fashion again, and that I kind of fancied to get one. We have some history with the bomber... When I saw him for the first time (at the legendary Limelight night club in New York City in the 90's) he was wearing an olive green bomber jacket open with no shirt underneath, to better show off the washboard abs he had at the time. Needless to say, I often wore that jacket as well - you know how it is when you're 19 and in love! 

And then one day a couple of weeks ago, he comes home with an olive green bomber jacket (pour moi). Oh, that boyfriend of mine.. he used to buy stuff for me all the time.. It was really sweet to get this jacket, but initially I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull it off (the silly rule was bothering me).

But then the temptation grew too strong, and I got over any scruples about the second time around rule, and decided that I should be able to wear whatever I want and rules be damned. I have to say I've really had fun wearing the bomber! It makes me feel like a teenager all over again. And that's priceless ;-)

Hurry up and take the picture quick, the bus is here! 


Yes, your sister is coming. 

Here she is. 

Not sure what's happening here..

This is to show you how cool I am in the self-made tie dye! Yeah! 

But never cooler than these two! 

So why not kill two birds with one stone? Wear tie dye AND the bomber jacket together. I feel like such a fashion rebel! 



No comments:

Post a Comment