Saturday, August 3, 2013

Class of 2013 - What's IN?

Feels kind of crazy to think about fall when it's a beautiful 85 degrees outside, but fall is my favorite fashion season, the time when you can wear your best clothes, and create most interesting outfits. I tend to get very lazy about dressing in the summer. Most of the time it's a maxi dress and flip flops... So anyway, I've been thinking about the fall for a couple of weeks already, thinking what will be my personal style, and how I will adapt trends to fit me, flipping through magazines for inspiration. (The September magazines, heavy as a brick, should be out in a couple of weeks, for even more inspiration!) In the meanwhile, here are my personal INs for the fall:

1. Tweed  -  found a great Tory Burch tweed dress, and I intend to get lots of use out of last year's red tweed jacket with leather sleeves from Zara.
2. Camouflage  -  I thought about this trend a long time, and decided that I'll try it in some small way, so I bought a camo scarf from H&M, no big investment here, but think that it will be quite useful. The open question is whether I can make it work for office... I also want to get the camo Tom's canvas shoes.
3. Grown-up Grunge  -  They say you shouldn't repeat trends, but I plan to do grunge light, with my motorcycle boots, plaid shirt peeking from under loose sweaters, plaid sleeveless shirt dress / tunic from H&M paired with the said motorcycle boots. I've got an army green coat from Zara, and my old trusty army green jacket from H&M.
4 Denim  -  I may be a bit behind the curve on this, but no problem. This fall I will try head-to-toe denim. I've got my J Crew denim chambray shirt, J Brand or NYDJ jeans, with the comfy cinnabar wedge heels from Eileen Fisher.
5. Orange  -  Not sure yet how I will incorporate orange to my fall style, but I've got a big craving for it.  I am sure that the universe will bring something orange to me. Hint: a Hermes cashmere stole would be nice.
6. Boxy Bag  -  Still looking for the right one. Not sure if I'll go for a color blocked version, a bright color, or a basic black. I'm a bit tempted by Philip Lim's Pashli bag, i'ts gorgeous in blue, green, black, or pretty much every color it comes in. We shall see...
7. Blue  -  It seems to be a blue moment. I've got a brand new blue bag (Ralph Lauren), a blue fur vest (made to order), a blue coat (H&M), blue mascara (Maybelline, but planning to splurge for YSL Babydoll mascara), and blue heels (J Crew).

What's on your IN list?


No comments:

Post a Comment