Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Blog challenges seem to be all the rage, like sharing the contents of your bag, or your bucket list. Nobody has ever challenged me to do anything on this blog, but that doesn't stop me from taking part anyway. In this particular challenge you're supposed to share your favorite brands. So here goes: 

Shoes: Tory Burch, because I probably have more Tory shoes than anything else, but I'm really not that particular. As long as it fits and doesn't cause intolerable pain. 

Sneakers: Nike (hands down winner!)

Jeans: Not Your Daughters Jeans

T-shirt: huh? I didn't know you're supposed to have a favorite t-shirt brand. For me anything goes, as long as it's nice material and has a good fit, and doesn't cost a fortune. 

Bag: This is like choosing a favorite child. Can't do it. If I would go by the number of bags I own from each brand, the list would start with Louis Vuitton, then Fendi, Chanel, Prada, Gucci, Burberry, Tod's, Stella McCartney, which brands I have more than just one bag. However, I also LOVE my Bottega Veneta and Hermes, which I have one each. And the Nancy Gonzalez is pretty cool. As is the YSL, and Valentino, Marc Jacobs. Who am I kidding? I love them all. The only problem is that I get stuck using the same bag for months. At this time it's the Balenciaga. On the wish list is anything from Celine, Philim Lim's Pashli, and the leopard doctor bag from B Brian Atwood. (Oh, and of course, in the forever list is the Birkin.)

Sunglasses: I am not brand loyal when it comes to sunglasses. I love my Fendi, Chloe, and Pucci glasses. 

Jewelry: Tiffany's for silver, New York City Street vendors for interesting costume jewelry pieces

Cell phone: iphone for phone and play, Blackberry for work emails and calendar

Computer: Mac Book Pro

Make-Up: This category is very large! I would have to list so many items. Let's just say I really like the Peter Thomas Roth CC cream, Neutrogena Mineral Powder Foundation, YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lip Gloss/Stain, YSL mascara. 

Skin cream: Guerlain Success Future serum (which is not available anymore, but I have one unopened bottle in stock, yay!), Korres wild rose cream. Not a cream, but a skin care item favorite is the organic rose water spray for face and body from Finland (Frantsilan Ruusuvesi). 

Toothpaste: whatever makes my breath fresh and my yellowish teeth as white as they can get. 

Shampoo: Anything thickening. Currently using Pantene Age Defy shampoo and conditioner. 
 
Soap: Dr. Bronner's Magic Liquid Soap. Contains no synthetic detergents. Gentle on hands and the environment. I like the rose and the lavender scents. 

Perfume: I love all Hermes perfumes, and have all of them. The best of the best is 24 Faubourg

Drink: Cava and white wine in the summer, red wine in the winter. A dirty martini when I need encouragement or a quick buzz. 

Newspaper: New York Times and Wall Street Journal. Yes, I know, it's a bit bi-polar. But what can you do. I like them both. 

Magazine: Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Vogue, InStyle, Elle Decor.

TV Show: oh, I love TV, and watch a million different shows. A couple of episodes every night, either from the DVR or from Netflix. I'm somewhat addicted to TV. Favorite drama is Homeland, and favorite reality show is Project Runway. 

Guilty pleasure: Does TV watching count? If not, then it's sneaking out of the office to spend way too much time at Century 21 at lunch, and then trying to stuff everything I bought into my work bag so that people would just think I was coming back from a lunch meeting, and not a shopping spree. 

Anyone can feel free to steal this challenge for their own blogs! 


2 comments:

  1. Tuossa käsilaukkuosiossa aloin vihertymään kateudesta;) Kiva postaus, kiitti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei haasteen saa ottaa eteenpain! (Ja apua, ei ollut tarkoitus vihertaa ketaan.) Kiva jos tykkasit!

    ReplyDelete