Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Icy Cool Beauty

Fellow Finn, Suvi Koponen, was on the cover of the New York Times T Magazine Travel Issue that was delivered with last Sunday's paper. I'm always happy when I see her in my mags! She is the only Finnish model that I recognize. I've been paying attention since many years ago when she had just recently won the Finnish Top Model competition, and started to make a name for herself in New York. At that time we had a nice chat at the airport when the Helsinki - New York flight that we were both getting on was delayed for a couple of hours. Of course at the time I had no idea who she was. It only dawned on me later, when some young girls wanted to be photographed with her, and asked me to take the picture.. I actually have my daughter to thank for getting to chat with Suvi. She had a broken nail, and I was looking for something in my bag, a nail file or something, to fix the nail. Suvi, who was sitting at our table in the cafeteria offered to use her nail scissors. I was amazed that she had gotten those things through security. And a nice chat ensued... And since then, I've been a fan.

For the T Magazine Suvi was photographed in Iceland, and clearly was a great choice for her icy cool beauty, perfect for the rough icelandic scenery. You can check out the T Magazine HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment