Saturday, November 2, 2013

Candy Overload

Halloween is over and we are left with a mountain of candy from yesterday's trick or treat rounds. I just realized I don't have a photo of the candy, so you  have to take my word for it. WE HAVE LOTS OF CANDY! I gave a big bag to the cleaning lady to take home today, and still I have two huge containers full, which I've hidden from the kids. (Somebody should probably hide it from me - at least when I've got my next PMS week!) Yesterday everyone was allowed to eat as much candy as they wanted, but this morning I put it all away, and I will be rationing it to a "candy-day" once a week -- a very Finnish thing to do!

Last year the area was without power, many streets were still not passable and it was pitch black everywhere and dangerous with electric wires hanging down. No trick or treaters in sight due to the devastation that Sandy had left.

Anyway, this year it was a good Halloween. I had the day off and was able to take the kids trick or treating. We were a big gang of kids and their friends, friend's siblings and parents. The weather was mild and everyone was happy with their loot...









My au pair helped the kids craft these glass jar tea light holders. Very cute! 



This little mummy basket is where I offer candy to the trick or treaters that stop by our house. 

This haunted house has survived many Halloweens. Sometimes it refuses to light up or make the sounds / movements it's supposed do. But this year it worked like a charm.. or should I say spell... 

No comments:

Post a Comment