Friday, November 8, 2013

Entertaining

We are the kind of people who are always entertaining for one reason or another. Must be because we like to party ;-)  Most of the time we keep the number of guests to a number that is still doable to cook for at home. My husband is a good cook, and I have a couple of specialities that I like to make too. 


You always need a nice bunch of flowers at a party. I never buy expensive bouquets, instead I just grab something cheap at the supermarket, and then cut branches and stuff from the back yard and make my own arrangement. This time I outsourced the arrangement making to my au pair who did a super job!


One of my specialities is pumpkin soup. Easy as pie, when you make it in the Vitamix hot soup setting... I got the idea of carving a pumpkin and serving the soup in the pumpkin bowl from the Pioneer Woman blog.



 Looks like I spent $50 for these flowers, when in fact it was just $6.99!


There can be a party without cheese, but what's the point?


At ease boys, you will be filled up soon!


Yummy pumpkin soup... I'm making this for Thanksgiving too. Just not sure of the pumpkin bowl. Maybe my soup tureen will have to do.

4 comments:

  1. Kurpitsakeitto maistuiskin just nyt! Ihanat kuvat sekä kukat ja muutenkin tunnelmallista.
    Tytöt (siis tädit) halusivat heti torstaina Century 21iin....ja eilen Woodbury Commoniin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hehan sitten tiesivat parhaat bargain-hunting shoppauspaikat! Toivottavasti oli tuottoisa reissu outlettiin ;-)

      Delete
  2. Lieneekö meidän suomalaisten kunnia ja kirous näissä kekkereiden järjestelyissä? Tykkään niin vimmatusti laittaa hippaa pystyyn, mutta välillä pitää antaa tilaa muillekin;) Ja mitä olisi elo ilman ihania au paireja, tai siskoja, niinkuin meillä sanotaan. Kimppu on upea, ja kuvia kekkereistä odotellaan, if only possible;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niinhan se on, kunnia ja (joskus vahan) kirouskin :-)

      Kuvia ei ole naista kekkereista tulossa..en ehtinyt yhtaan heilumaan kamera kadessa. Ehka ensi lauantaina karaokebileista. Voisin jopa laittaa videota niin saatte tekin nauttia meidan laulun lurituksista, hih. Varma konsti pitaa blogin lukijamaarat alhaisena!

      Delete