Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sweater Weather 3

This continues the sweater weather posts, even though I actually had something else in mind. 

I may have mentioned this, but I’m quite the fan of steaks. Let’s level-set here first though. In everyday life I hardly ever eat red meat, and we never cook with red meat at home. So it’s somewhat of a rare (no pun intended) treat for me. And then when I do eat a steak, I expect it to be really good. Well, does anyone expect a bad one? Anyway, I’ve been known to get really mad if it’s not superb, ha! 

Since I’m quite particular about my steaks, I only order them in places where I’m guaranteed to get a good a steak (although, you should know, there are no guarantees in this life). My very top choice of a steak restaurant is the Capital Grille located downtown. It’s  a chain restaurant, but only that one location is recommended (the rest are average). 

So last week, when a very old friend of mine from Stockholm came to visit New York with her husband, and had Peter Luger on her list of restaurants they wanted to try, I picked it over the other choices, including Gramercy Tavern (which, by the way, is a great restaurant and well worth a visit, except that I will never be able to get my husband to go there again after he got violently ill from there (and now you’ll never go either! Though you should!). 

Peter Luger happens to be one of the favorite restaurants of my husband too, so it was a win-win. I had been there a couple of times, but it’s been a while so I had kind of forgotten about it. It is not a fancy restaurant, and they don’t serve fancy foods. The size of their steak is about half a cow. They only take cash as payment. 

The point of this story is that if you are in New York, and if you like steaks, you should definitely make the trip to Williamsburg in Brooklyn where it’s located, and have the rib steak. It was out of this world. One of the best steaks I’ve ever had. And that’s saying a lot, coming from me.

Another sweater and skirt combo, straight from work to dinner. 

Over the bridge and far away. 

Peter Luger is nothing to photograph, but this building across the street was pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment