Saturday, April 2, 2016

April Showers

I completely missed the opportunity yesterday to fool someone on April fool's day. I don't usually miss that opportunity, since I'm actually known for good Aprillipila. One year I lied to my husband that school called and our daughter was suspended. She was maybe 6 then, in first grade, and the sweetest thing with absolutely no possibility of getting suspended from school. It all ended up in a big drama. My husband and daughter say they were scarred by the incident, I just think it was hilarious. Another year I told a good friend that my cat gave birth to kittens. We had discussed just a few days prior that I didn't know if the cat was a male or female (long story). My friend dropped everything to come and see the kittens. We still laugh about that one.  But this year I was too preoccupied with starving myself, I mean starting a diet. I've very stealthily put on quite a few pounds in the past couple of years, and I just got fed up now. I generally eat very healthy, but even healthy stuff can make you fat if you eat too much of it...Anyway, next couple of weeks will be South Beach type diet first phase, i.e. no carbs and sugar, and just small meals consisting of veggies and protein every three hours. I'm pretty sure that I'll be pretty cranky! Anyway, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

The a word about today - it was a New York City day for me and daughters, and it was really quite pretty in the rain.






No comments:

Post a Comment