Friday, February 3, 2017

A Night at the Opera

I've been a little lazy with the blog recently, but now these posts are coming fast and furious because I just realized that this is my only diary, and without this blog, I can't remember what happened last month. It's so nice to scroll back and see what we were doing months, and years back...(and see the kids grow...I'm getting a little emotional here).

I believe in exposing my children to high culture and arts from early on. It has been a little painful at times, but last spring, I finally was vindicated when my oldest daughter totally loved the opera "La Boheme". We had such a wonderful night at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City (with my lovely cousin Maija (ikävä!)). Somewhere on this blog there is a post on that night!

A couple of weeks ago we went to see another tragic opera, Romeo and Juliet. I love going to the opera, and not only because of the music and performance that transports you to a different world, and feelings, but the environment and atmosphere at the Metropolitan Opera. I especially love the iconic starburst chandeliers that look so beautiful from every angle. Romeo and Juliet was really good, and not least because there seemed to be some real sparks between the Italian opera singer Vittorio Grigolo, and the german soprano Diana Damrau. It was a cold winter's night with snow and sleet and icy rain, but that did not dim the magic of the Metropolitan Opera. #lovedit





No comments:

Post a Comment