Sunday, February 26, 2017

Vacation week in Blue and Gray

I'm having fun tonight eating junk, watching the Oscars and rooting for my favorite movie La La Land (which just won its first Oscar, yay!), while looking back at this week's pictures. It was a fun winter vacation (staycation) week, with a heat wave hitting New York. Highlights were one kid getting braces, and celebrating a birthday, doing a little shopping, visiting the Children's museum of Long Island and going to a children's play, taking the kids to the playground and sitting in the sun wearing just a t-shirt, and having the time to exercise (gym x2, jog on the track x1, yoga x1). Another highlight was when one day my husband surprised me with a new coat he found at the Ralph Lauren sale (apparently it was my belated Valentine's present). It was the perfect thing to wear at this mild weather. And lazy as I am, I basically wore the same thing the whole week...until I managed to douse myself in vodka, but that's a story for another day...

I also did a little DIY hack on one of my old t-shirts to make it a bit more trendy with rips and paint splatter. The easiest thing ever: lay down a newspaper on the garage floor, lay out t-shirt flat on top of the paper, crack open an old can of white paint, and go to town Jackson Pollock style, splattering paint and having fun with it. Let dry overnight, put in the wash the next day and voila, a very trendy t-shirt is born. Oh, and for a finishing touch, use dull kitchen scissors to cut some rips here and there.







No comments:

Post a Comment