Tuesday, February 7, 2017

WICKED

Last Friday night I took my soon to be 9-year old to see the Broadway musical Wicked. The trip to the musical was my birthday present to her, and although I had bought the tickets a month ago, I surprised her on the Friday afternoon by telling her about the tickets to the musical. She got super excited (and I was excited too). I had managed to grab the 2-for-1 NYC Broadway Week tickets, which is a good deal especially since the Wicked tickets are never discounted at the TKTS!


I can honestly say that this was one of the best shows, if not THE BEST, that I've seen on Broadway. Everything was amazing, the sets and staging, the costumes, the music, the singing, the acting, the story, the message, everything. 


We had very good seats with a full view of the stage! 


The pictures don't do any justice to the amazing show. This is the scene where Elphaba (the "wicked" witch) sings the famous song Defying Gravity. One of the most memorable moments of any show I've seen. Jennifer DiNoia played the lead role and boy can she sing! 


My daughter was super happy and excited that she got to see Wicked, and she totally loved the show. I wouldn't recommend the show to a much younger child, but she was in a perfect age now to understand the story and enjoy the music. I was really happy that I was able to give her this experience, rather than some silly stuff for her birthday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment