Saturday, February 11, 2017

About Work Trips

Traveling for work is not always as glamorous as it may seem. Work trips are tiring, because you have to be "on" all the time; you have to do the work you went there to do, but you also have to do the work that you have to do back at the office, or at least some of it so you won't be totally backlogged when you get back. But it's not all doom and gloom, especially if you get to travel to some really beautiful place, like Laguna Beach where I traveled this week. The conference I attended was at the Montage, Laguna Beach, which is one of the most amazing hotels/resorts I've ever been to. 


This was the view from my room. I walked in and snapped a picture. 


Then I went out to get some provisions and take-out from the little strip mall across the street. It's hidden behind the trees... 


I came back to my room and watched super bowl while eating my take out and having a complimentary glass of champagne, courtesy of the hotel. 


The next morning I woke up early (body still on NY time) and went to the gym for a quick work-out. Even the rainy weather didn't dampen my mood. This is the prettiest view I've ever seen from any gym I've been to. 


And then, time to make the donuts.. or get ready and sit in hotel conference rooms for the rest of the day attending sessions, networking, and trying to absorb information.

  (I"m wearing Banana Republic pants, H&M blazer, Zara top, Cole Haan pumps, Gucci bag). 


No comments:

Post a Comment