Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quiche

Last weekend I made a quiche for the first time, and I have to brag a bit, because it came out great. The kids loved it, and even though "real men don't eat quiche", my husband loved it too. Making it felt like quite a bit of work though, maybe because I am a cook that prefers to make quick things, and don't like to follow recipes too close. For the quiche though, I was not brave enough to stray from the recipe, which I found from the New York Times. I think it's from Mark Bittman, one of my favorite chefs ever. (Mark's book, How to Cook Everything, is amazing, truly amazing, and has helped me learn to cook over the years.) But back to the quiche. Once I got the dough right, the quiche was not that difficult to make. I used some nice tomatoes (the recipe called for heirloom, but I used plum tomatoes), goat cheese and basil (from my own backyard where I have plenty of it), and of course eggs. I would be happy to share the recipe if anyone wants it. I am going to keep it until I can find one that calls for a dough that doesn't have to be rolled out...that step to me is cumbersome and time consuming. If I could find a dough that could just be pressed into the pie plate, I could make quiche every weekend. But until then, this will be a rare treat.

Here are some pics of the deliciousness.



No comments:

Post a Comment