Thursday, July 4, 2013

Holiday

A few days of much needed vacation..good feeling...spending quality time with my lovies...relaxing...not stressing out about a thing. 

This short vacation started the day before yesterday, and a strange thing happened that almost ruined it for me. Someone, an older "gentle"man made an extremely rude comment at my gym, Equinox, about how I look. It was meant as a joke, but was very insulting. So much in fact that I came home crying like a baby. Then I decided that I cannot work out in an environment like that, and went back to terminate my membership. 

Unfortunately the area where I live has more than its fair share of people who think way too much of themselves. Reminds me a bit of Finland where people can be quite brutal to each other. (Elsewhere in even the NY area people are much more friendly, polite and laidback - and I don't know why in my area there is a concentration of unfriendly people, so much so in fact that I was warned by several people of this fact when I moved in, and now, having lived there for three years, I know it's true.) Anyway, I decided that I won't let one worthless jerk bully bring me down and ruin my vacation, so I bucked up and decided to just push past the hurt feelings and have fun and relax, just like I planned. 

So that same nite I took the girls to the Sleeping Beauty ballet, performed by the American Ballet Theatre at the Metropolitan Opera in Lincoln Center. It was an amazing and enjoyable show and a great start for this vacation. 

Yesterday  we were on a road trip through the beautiful NY state to Montreal, Canada. We stopped for lunch at Lake George, and drove in the scenery of the Adirondack mountains. NY state is so gorgeous! 

Now we are in Montreal, Canada, and people are so friendly!





No comments:

Post a Comment