Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lip Color

I have a small confession to make...I am obsessed with lip colors. Lipsticks, glosses, stains, I love them all. At any given time I probably have about five or six lip colors in my purse, a few more in my drawer at the office, a good stash in circulation in my medicine cabinet at home,  a couple in a bowl in the entrance, and littered around here and there all around the house... I find lipsticks in purses that I haven't used for a while, in coat pockets, in kitchen drawers, cars, well, you get the picture. It's just the perfect pick-me-up, and the easiest way to perk up your look. Lately my favorites have been a lipstick from Lipstick Queen, and lip glosses from Buxom, Mac and Clinique, all long lasting and wonderful, but neutral colors, nothing too much in-your-face. So I was craving some real color for a change. I realize I'm a bit behind on the red lipstick craze, but better late than never. This might be my thing this fall. Also, in Montreal I had seen the young hip girls wearing gorgeous pink/fuchsia lips, which felt wonderfully new, and at the same time a bit retro... When I started paying attention I noticed that the hot pink trend is very much happening in New York City too! And I love it. So I went lipstick shopping. A few times. I got one red lipstick, and four (what's wrong with me?) fuchsia ones. I may review them all, but here is the one that I've been wearing every day since I got it, i.e. it's become my new favorite.

The favorite is the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture, a gloss and stain hybrid.The color I chose, Vinyl Rose (15), is a nice pink more that fuchsia, although it looks really fuchsia on the wand. 

Beautiful packaging! 
mmmm..yummy candy from Sockerbit.

The color can be a bit more intense if you layer on more. I put it on pretty thinly here.  The glossiness disappeared at some point, no surprise there, but the color stayed and stayed, like a stain! However, it is easier to apply than a stain because the texture is gel-like. It is good to let it dry for a moment after application, just like a stain.






No comments:

Post a Comment