Monday, January 27, 2014

Marimekko and Banana

Like all other Finnish people I too have a special relationship with Marimekko. It's hard to explain to non-Finns, but all other Finnish folks understand the sort of love/hate relationship that we all have with this iconic brand. Their colors, patterns and cuts are almost non-wearable, but somehow it just all works. Of course I too have lots of Marimekko in my closet. The good thing about my Marimekko stuff is that it's so not trendy that nobody knows how old it is. However, you have to be in the right mood to wear it, or it can easily wear you. So given all this, I was really excited when I heard that Marimekko is doing a collaboration with one of my favorites for basics, Banana Republic. They do great cuts, and nice, very wearable, decent quality stuff. The only picture I've seen so far is the short romper below, which is not my thing (maybe my daughters?), but I hope that the collection will have something for me too... I can't wait to see more of this stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment