Friday, February 14, 2014

Collage

Making collages has been the "thing" to do in my house lately. It's artsy and fun, and the kids enjoy it.




My oldest daughter made a collage for school to go with her report on Archimedes, you know, the Greek scientist and mathematician. I'm not sure how many times Archimedes' picture was combined with neon pink and silver glitter, but hey, it worked here, right?



Then my lovely au pair made an inspirational collage for me. How sweet is that? This is a support collage to inspire me to stay on the South Beach Diet until the Florida vacation. And you know what? It really worked. I had the collage in my bedroom, next to my bed where I saw it first thing in the morning, and it did give me a boost to stay away from carbs and sugar. By the way, the South Beach Diet really works for me when I need to drop a few pounds. The first couple of weeks are really tough, but once you get the sugar out of your system it gets easier.

3 comments:

  1. Oon ihan kollaasihullu! Hei, mikä toi SoBe dieetti on??? On muuten ensimmäinen talvi ja kevät aikoihin kun en pääsekkään South Beachille, nyyh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South Beach dieetti on yksi hittidieetti muutama vuoden takaa. Oon silla aina laihduttanut raskauksien jalkeen. Ekat pari viikkoa on tiukkaa, ei hiilihydraatteja eika sokeria (ei edes hedelmia) ja vain hyvin vaharasvaisia proteiinilahteita, ja kasviksia. Sitten asteittain lisataan hedelmia ja runsaskuituisia hiilareita. Niin, ja syoda pitaa kolmen tunnin valein. Eli taytyy olla aika suunnitelmallinen ja kurinalainen, mutta kiloja kylla lahtee aika nopeasti, eika tarvitse hulluna liikkua kun kalorimaarat pysyvat tosi alhaisina. Nyt siella lomamatkalla, joten en enaa tiukalla dieetilla, mutta taalla tuleekin sit liikuttua enemman kuin normaalisti..

      Delete
  2. Ihania kollaaseja - käsintehtyjä! Ja tsempit South Beachin kanssa, kerro sitten miten paljon lähti, jooko;)

    ReplyDelete