Thursday, February 6, 2014

Super Bowl

Last Sunday we hosted our traditional Super Bowl party. I'm not sure how this tradition started, because me and hubby are not big football fans. In fact in the early years as we hosted we hardly knew who was playing. It probably got started because we had the biggest TV of our circle, and hubby's friends wanted to come and watch the game on the big screen. They brought their girlfriends and thus a party tradition was born. I can't say that I've improved in football knowledge all that much, but since the party is now expected by friends and family, I at least find out in advance who's playing, and some tidbits about the quarterbacks so that I can impress my clueless girlfriends. Nowadays the guys watch the game in the basement on the really big screen, and the girls watch in the family room. Well we really focus more on socializing, and watching the half time and the commercials, which are both a big deal. Part and parcel of the Super Bowl party is the junk food. It's really a day when you put your clean eating program on the side and gorge yourself on chips, dips, chicken wings, and all kinds of nasty (but oh so tasty) stuff. And of course desserts galore!


Decorations created by au pair and the kiddos. 

Go Seahawks! Our baby was the only Seahawks fan in the family. She picked the winning team!

The giant football cookie. Just don't throw it!

One of the guests brought this homemade cookie brownie. All I can say about this is OMG! I don't know if it was because  I had not had any sugar for 10 days prior to the party, but this thing was beyond yummy! 

Another amazing dessert - the chocolate strawberry mousse cake. I think I ate enough sugar to account for all the 10 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment