Friday, February 7, 2014

Sisters

It took me forever to tell anyone that I have a blog. In the beginning only my husband and oldest daughter knew. Is that silly? I just felt that people would think that I'm really self centered if they knew that I blogged about my life (and my outfits - how shallow!). On the other hand I had kept a journal on and off all my life. And had no problems telling people how therapeutic it is to journal.  Now that I'm all grown up and don't really have that many deep issues to work through anymore, this blog seems a more suitable outlet. And so what if I love fashion and style. This is more of an electronic scrapbook, maybe, of all the good stuff in my life. Or an album to put happy pictures in. Whatever it is, I am now quite open about the blog. I don't bring it up, but if the topic of blogs or blogging comes up I won't hide the fact that I'm a blogger... Hmmm, so the train of thought here was that one of my oldest friends recently found out about my blog. She took it in stride (and even agreed to be photographed for it). But I still have other friends/family who don't know, and now it's a bit awkward to tell them after such a long time. So I guess I won't and just leave it at that and let life and the blog issue unfold as luck would have it... What is everyone else doing - do you broadcast your blog to everyone around you, let them find out by chance, or keep it a secret?

Anyway, ever since I've known this girlfriend people have asked us if we are sisters. I admit that we do look alike, quite a bit. But we don't even speak the same language. She is dear to me, and we've been there for each other through thick and thin. She also has a very fun sense of style and looks much younger than she is ;-) We are planning an all girls' Vegas trip for her big 50 next year! Yes! THAT much younger! Good genes, healthy lifestyle, positive outlook. Wish I will look that good in 7 years...






2 comments:

  1. I do agree with you! Blogging is one way that helps me find the little good things about the life and enjoy about them more!

    ReplyDelete