Sunday, May 17, 2015

Gansevoort Market Lunch

Yesterday was a Finnish School day, and afterwards we hung out in the Meatpacking District, had a late lunch at the Gansevoort Market, then had a little stroll and went over to the Chelsea Market.


I hadn't been to the Gansevoort Market before, didn't even know it existed, so it was a VERY NICE surprise to find it. We were actually going to eat at Sugar Factory, but the wait was two hours for a table...and it's not worth that long of a wait... 



But like I said, Gansevoort Market was great. A little bit like "Kauppahalli" gone hipster. 


There's a ton of food stalls - something for every taste and craving. 
I had tacos from the Tacombi truck. 


The tacos were yummy. 


This one wanted sushi! 


My other little one wanted pizza. And my other lovely lunch companions had Thai food and a pulled pork sandwich. 


I almost had some food envy on this pulled pork sandwich. 
It was amazingly delicious. 


For dessert the kiddies had gelato. 




The new Whitney Museum is the next corner - I need to go back and visit Whitney. Might as well pop back into Gansevoort Market too :-)





2 comments: