Thursday, May 14, 2015

North Fork Wine Country

The wine country is only a couple of hours from New York City, and definitely worth a visit if you like to sample wines. All the vineyards have tasting rooms, and the wines are very good. North Fork is mostly known for its excellent Merlots, but the quality of the roses and white wines is also getting really good, is what I hear. I'm not a wine connoisseur, and not educated in wines at all, but I liked the  rosé that I tried at Jason's Vineyard. By the way, the Long Island wines are not easy to find if you want to buy them in a wine shop or liquor store, because the vineyards are mostly quite small and don't use large distributors. The wines are available at some good NYC restaurants, however. I had the most delicious Bedell rosé at the Andaz hotel bar last week. Yes, I've been on a rosé kick since I had some amazing rosé in San Diego and fell in love with it again. It just feels like such a summery drink, and after the horrendous winter I am just craving all this summery.


The vines were still a little bare, but I can just imagine how lush and beautiful 
this will be in the summer. 
A reason to go back. 





Guess who took a picture of a pooping llama? A hint, it was not me... 


This little guy (or girl) was too cute. 



The grounds are beautiful, and the sheep are cute... 

But this is why you go - to sample some delicious wines.



No comments:

Post a Comment