Monday, May 11, 2015

I love you to the moon and back

Mother's Day can be a disappointing affair if your family, or most likely, the father of your kid(s), does not realize that even though you've said not to make a fuss, you secretly want him to go all out and bring you breakfast in bed and pamper you and shower you with gifts. My Mother's Day celebrations have gotten increasingly elaborate and planned since the girls are growing and in charge of the plans. Also, I've learned not to be shy to ask what I want. Since the early disappointing Mother's Days, I've made sure that hubby knows I'm a high maintenance mom (on Mother's Day only!). This year I asked the family to take me to the East End for a vineyard day trip, and they obliged, but only after making a yummy breakfast and showering me with gifts... I love my new bracelets and the homemade cards and drawings I will treasure and save forever. Thank you my darlings. I really do love you to the moon and back!  

My 12-year old made this pancake for Mother's Day breakfast. She called it German style pancake, but I thought it was the typical Finnish pancake. Regardless, it was yummmmmyyyy. They even made a green smoothie for me. That's got to be Love! 


After a day of frolicking on the beach, stopping at farm stands, browsing shops and having lunch in Greenport, we ended up in a small Jamesport vineyard called Jason's Vineyard. It was almost closing but I had a chance to try this delicious rosé. 




The loves of my life. My amazing family. My life's purpose and reward. 

I got two very different bracelets as my Mother's Day presents. 
This one is by the very popular Alex and Ani line. The charm is called Path of Life. 

"Emblematic of life's zenith and nadir moments, the Path of Life is representative of an 
infinite number of possibilities and expressions of love. 
Illustrating life's twists, turns, and unexpected winds, wear the Path of Life charm to proudly celebrate your own willingness to travel towards life's fruitful moments." 
Wow. 

This one is more of statement bracelet by one of my favorite jewelry designers, Alexis Bittar. It matches a necklace and earrings I already have, completing the full set. I wore it yesterday and immediately got a few compliments...it's definitely one of those pieces that people will notice. 

This was maybe the best Mother's Day ever... I'll post pictures of the day trip tomorrow.
Thanks again guys, for giving me such a perfect day with many beautiful memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment