Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Dress Shopping

Recently my 17-year old and I spent a couple of Saturday afternoons prom dress shopping. I have to say it was quite fun actually. The prom is not until June, but apparently most everyone already has a dress, and it's important to get one early on so you can put a "lock" on your dress by posting it on social media and claiming rights to that particular dress so that nobody else wears the same thing.


Of course it's important to have the perfect Dress! 
The perfect dress makes you feel beautiful and confident, and photographs well. 


The cut, fit, color, material, and price all factor into the decision. Before I realized that we should have discussed a price range prior to walking into a store, we looked at dresses that cost upward of $5000. But they were couture!!
 I snapped a quick picture of myself and ran out. 


The next stop was a lot more affordable, but also quite overwhelming. 


My daughter tried on so so many dresses. 


This was her initial favorite. But not the final choice. The chosen dress will be revealed at prom time.


Did you notice my shoes changed? While dress shopping, I somehow ended up purchasing white cowboy boots for myself. That's a whole other story and a different post. Ha! 



No comments:

Post a Comment