Thursday, November 29, 2012

Casual Thursday

Yes, yes, I know. Fridays are supposed to be casual, not Thursdays. But there's a good reason why I'm casual today. I've been wearing a (very traditional) variation of a skirt and a blazer outfit for the beginning of the week, and wanted to wear pants today, realizing that my good black pair is at the dry cleaners, and the other good pair requires high heels (how the hell do I own only two pairs?). Now my toes were hurting as I'd been wearing heels for three days in a row, and therefore I could not put on heels and wear those longer dress pants either (isn't that a farty word - dress pants?). So this is what I ended up with. Skinny H&M cotton pants, Target boots, made-to-measure tailor made silk top, and Ann Taylor cardigan. The outfit could be a little less casual if I had put on different boots..but after all that pant confusion, it was too much for my early morning brain to figure out. And anyway, my daughter assured me the outfit was not too casual. So if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for the financial industry, duh!




No comments:

Post a Comment