Friday, November 23, 2012

Hostess

Our Thanksgiving was perfect. It was casual, warm, and still festive enough to feel like a special day. The food came out delicious, and the turkey was probably the best ever this year, thanks to a new brining recipe found from Pioneer Woman's archives. And with all the leftovers, I don't have to cook for at least a week (which is a GOOD thing after yesterday's cooking marathon).I will go and get a panini grill today (and brave the Black Friday crowds, yikes!) so that hubby can make some delish turkey panini for us. He's been talking about the turkey paninis for weeks and I'm not planning to let him off the hook now..

This was my hostess outfit yesterday: Kirna Zabete for Target tunic dress, BR skinnies, Tiffany necklace, bare feet. Funny thing about that Kirna Zabete dress; I had seen their stuff online (I always check out the Target collabs), but it had absolutely no appeal, it looked drab and boring with weird colors and prints. But then I went to Target anyway for some toy shopping, and the Kirna Zabete rack was right there in the front, 30% off, no less. So I browsed, and was amazed how much better the stuff looked in real life. I ended up loading on a ton of the Kirna stuff, and have been super happy I did..




No comments:

Post a Comment