Saturday, November 3, 2012

In the Aftermath of Sandy

I and my family and friends survived the devastating storm with no damage to persons or property, but our lives are still affected and far from normal. We still don't have power at our house. That also means no heat and no hot water.. We toughed it out for many days until the house got too cold when we woke up this morning.

I will never take any small everyday things, such as being able to make a cup of tea, or to take a hot shower, for granted. Despite our inconvenience I feel blessed, especially after realizing the extent to which some neighborhoods have been destroyed. We were the lucky ones. And the kindness of our friends has been beyond amazing. I am so thankful for all the people who have reached out, and especially to the wonderful friend who opened her family's home to us and is letting us stay warm and comfortable.

My prayers and thoughts are with those who lost their homes. I pray that you may find safety, shelter and comfort, both emotional and physical, and be able to rebuild and get through to better times.

No comments:

Post a Comment