Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Critical to Happiness

The time around Thanksgiving is perfect for taking stock of the past year to think about those things in life that we are most thankful for. Despite our constant focus on possessions and trying to get the latest and greatest, most likely they are not the things that first come to mind when we count our blessings. Instead we are most thankful for having the people we love around us, family and friends, and our relationships with them. Health is also high on the list. The things that are on the top of the list are the things that are critical to your happiness. Those are the things we need to focus most of our time on, to ensure that we have something to be thankful in the future too.

On the top of my list are three little girls who are very critical to my happiness. And I am critical to their happiness.. So as we prepare for Thanksgiving, I am most happy about being able to spend it together, and it doesn't matter whether the turkey comes out exactly perfect, or whether we have enough of the better plates for each guest, or even whether I remember to pick up my favorite wine. And if I sometimes get a bit busy, and wrapped up, I am thankful that they remind me of their existence, in the middle of a work meeting, with a picture message saying "Aiti, we love U".




No comments:

Post a Comment